August 22, 2010 – Going Somewhere

Rev. E. J. Niles

Among many things, the Bible is a history of a people’s evolving identity and their evolving relationship to God. For the first time in history, we see not only where we have been, but where we are going. We also see the need for a higher level of consciousness. As Albert Einstein said, “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”

There are those who say we are in the worst of times, but we know better. We know we have latent within our DNA everything we need to deal with the conditions of our world.  Margaret Meade said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Society is moving out of it’s “teen years” in which it wanted all the benefits without the responsibility. Now we are willing to accept the responsibility that we create our world. We can now envision every person on the planet having their needs met. We can see an end to poverty, an end to war.

You have within your very DNA that which you need to meet every challenge and move beyond it. We know only 4% of who we are. The other 96% of our being is one with the Universe. You are part of a living Universe. You cannot get out of it. “We are part of a challenge where one day we will know that we all are One!”